Futures in Education is proud to administer the following three scholarship programs: Diocese of Brooklyn (DOB), Bishop's (BSP) and Be an Angel to a Student. We are also grateful to our partner, Children's Scholarship Fund, for matching 1:2 all donations received for the Bishop's Scholarship Program. It is our goal to ensure no child is denied a Catholic school education due to financial constraints. We encourage you to speak with the school administration about the payment options available to you. Please carefully read through all of the sections below to learn how you can apply.
Who can apply for a scholarship?
All families who have a child or children registered in a Catholic Elementary school in Brooklyn or Queens (Grades Pre K-8) and are in financial need of tuition assistance. Even if you have applied for and/or received an award in the past from any of our programs, you must fill out and submit a new application for the 2014-2015 school year.
What is the deadline?
Only completed applications submitted with all required supporting documents will be considered. The deadline for submitting an application is Tuesday, April 22, 2014. Completed applications received on or before this date will be considered for the maximum award amount. Completed applications received after this date will still be considered but will not be given priority for the 2014-2015 school year.
How to apply?
Step 1: Register your child(ren) in a Catholic Elementary school in Brooklyn or Queens.
Step 2: Click the link below to fill out the application online and submit with required supporting documentation. Please note that there is a non-refundable $25.00 application processing fee payable by credit card, check or money order. Please note there is a $10 Non-Sufficient Funds fee if you pay by check and the check bounces. Only one application per family is required.
Step 3: Send in the appropriate documents listed in the Document Requirements sheet.
How are scholarships awarded?
- Scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,700 are awarded on a first come-first serve basis.
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility
- Income level
- Household size
- Timing of when application is received
- Notifications will be sent to families via e-mail beginning June 2, 2014 and will continue on a rolling basis. After this first notice date, allow approximately four to six weeks from the time you submit the completed application with all supporting documentation to receive a response.
- Please note that although every effort is made to grant a scholarship to all those in need who are eligible for our programs, there is limiting funding available on a yearly basis. If you are denied an award, please reach out to school administration about additional options that may be available to you.
- For information on our scholarship programs, please visit www.futuresineducation.org
- To learn more about our partner organization, Children's Scholarship Fund, please visit them at www.scholarshipfund.org
- All information and documentation provided on this form is kept strictly confidential.
By continuing below, it indicates that you have read and understand that the information
provided on this application is true, accurate and complete, and legal proof of income has been provided. You understand that all information on this application will be verified. Any incomplete, missing, false and/or fraudulent information or documentation on this application, missing signatures, refusal to provide adequate/legal proof of income and/or any pertinent information required to process or determine a decision on this application will be cause for automatic denial of a tuition award.
Click here to continue...(You will be required to create a new TADS sign in on the next page.)