Futures in Education is proud to administer several scholarship programs, which provide partial tuition assistance for families demonstrating financial need to attend a Catholic school or academy in Brooklyn or Queens. They include Diocese of Brooklyn, Be an Angel to a Student and Evangelization Scholarship.
We are also a proud partner with Children’s Scholarship Fund, which administers the Teddy Forstmann and Bishop’s Scholarship Programs.
Who can apply for a scholarship?
All families who have a child or children registered in a Catholic Elementary school or academy in Brooklyn or Queens (Grades Pre K-8) and are in need of tuition assistance. Even if you have applied for and/or received an award in the past from any of our programs, you must fill out and submit a new application for the 2017-2018 academic year.
What is the deadline?
For families who received an award last year, the deadline is Friday, March 31, 2017. You must login using your existing TADS account to reapply.
For new families, the deadline is Friday, April 21, 2017.
Applications will only be considered when all required supporting documents have been submitted.
After the April 21, 2017 deadline, the application will be closed. Please contact the school or academy you are interested in attending for further instructions at that time.
How to apply? (Must complete ALL three steps to be considered)
Step 1: Register your child(ren) in a Catholic Elementary school in Brooklyn or Queens.
Step 2: Click the link below to fill out the application online and submit with required supporting documentation. Please note that there is a non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee payable by credit card, check or money order. Please note there is a $10 Non-Sufficient Funds fee if you pay by check and the check bounces. Only one application per family is required.
Step 3: Send in the appropriate documents listed in the Document Requirements sheet.
Who is eligible?
Scholarship awards are assessed on a needs-basis, considering household size and annual income using the guidelines of the National School Lunch Program.
|*Maximum Income Based on Total Annual 2016 Income
||Maximum Eligible Income*
|For Each Additional Family Member
*Families are required to pay a minimum of 25% of the tuition rate. Income will be verified, both to determine eligibility but also the family’s ability to contribute toward the tuition.
How are scholarships awarded?
- Scholarships ranging from $500 to $3,200 are awarded on a first come-first serve basis.
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility
- Income level
- Household size
- Timing of when application is received and availability of funding
- Notifications will be sent to families via e-mail on a rolling basis, approximately four to six weeks after final deadline. An application will not be considered for an award until is fully completed and ALL supporting documentation is received by TADS.
- Although every effort is made to grant scholarships to all those eligible for our programs, we can only grant awards as funding permits. If you are denied an award, please reach out to your registered school or academy administration about additional options that may be available to you.
- For information on our scholarship programs, please visit www.futuresineducation.org
- To learn more about our partner organization, Children's Scholarship Fund, please visit them at nyc.scholarshipfund.org
- All information and documentation provided on this form is kept strictly confidential.
By continuing below, it indicates that you have read and understand that the information
provided on this application is true, accurate and complete, and legal proof of income has been provided. You understand that all information on this application will be verified. Any incomplete, missing, false and/or fraudulent information or documentation on this application, missing signatures, refusal to provide adequate/legal proof of income and/or any pertinent information required to process or determine a decision on this application will be cause for automatic denial of a tuition award. I/We promise to cooperate with requests from Futures and CSF to obtain additional student information, including, but not limited to: a current photo, essays about the child(ren) and correspondence to funders of the scholarship programs.
Click here to continue... (If you received an award last year, you MUST login using your existing TADS account.)